Today it reached 107 degrees here in our part of the world.
Yesterday, after church, (108 degrees) my old 1996 Taurus wagon barely made it home. Sitting in the sun for 3 hours probably did not help? The steering wheel was so hot I had to wait a few minutes to be able to touch it.
Anyway, I had just made the turn into our community and had just got past the guard house when all power just disappeared. I turned the car off and then on again and thank goodness it got me under our carport.
Today Wayne followed me to CVS and the same thing happened in their parking lot. So after we purchased what we went for, Wayne drove it home and it started to loose power on him but he said he just put his foot down and it got him home. Now we have to decide what we need to do next. One can't be stranded in this heat. Saw a couple on TV just sweating waiting for the tow truck. The recommendation is to always have WATER in your car and a snack or two. Just being prepared, really. We have to get back into that habit.
(You should have seen me drive the Suzuki home ... lol ... except for the poor guy following me.) I jerked all the way into 2nd gear in the middle of the intersection, and then drove slowly there after. I can't drive that car, I am so short that the clutch and my foot don't go well together. I feel like I have to sit sideways when I need to use it. I had flashbacks learning to drive a stick shift years ago. I love my automatic transmission!



3 comments:
I think it's time for a new car!!!
By the way, I love the photo of your new house, now I can actually imagine you in your house while we talk on the phone!!
Ha, ha. Funny, when we talk I envision you in your kitchen stirring something on the stove!
Post a Comment